- 1988 Associate professor of econometrics, Quantitative Economics Department, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- 1993/94 Visiting scholar, Economics Department, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- 1974 – 1988 Assistant professor/Senior Lecturer, Econometrics Department, Faculty of Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- 1976/77 Research fellow, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics, Louvain, Belgium.
- 1972/74 Student-assistant, Econometrics Department, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Current research interests:
Applied microeconomics, time series aspects of panel data, modelling financial deci¬si¬ons of the firm, technological development and producti¬vi¬ty in particular in relation to international trade.
- Microeconometrics of innovation
- Educational research
- The economics of sustainable energy
Work in progress:
A micro-initiative for a sustainable energy provision, with Véronique Vasseur
- 1979 – 1984 Coordinator/chairman of JOG (a national group of researchers in quantitative economics).
- 1984 – 1988 Chairman of the seminar series of the Econometric Institute, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- 1989 – 1992 Member of the board of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Limburg.
- 1989 – 1993 Chairman of the Economics Section of the Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research.
- 1990 – 1998 Chairman of the econometrics curriculum committee of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Maastricht.
- 1998 - Director of the Econometrics program at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Maastricht.
- Intermediate and advanced courses in Econometrics for Econometrics students, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Graduate seminars on various topics in theoretical and applied Econometrics for Econometrics students, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Statistics and elementary econometrics courses in various years for Econometrics, Economics and Business students, University of Maastricht.
- Microeconomic Theory, Empirical Finance, Marketing Research Methods, Multivariate Statistics, Panel Data Econometrics and Quality Management (all at the intermediate level) for third- and fourth-year Econometrics, Economics and Business students, University of Maastricht.
Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Journal of Econometrics, Journal of Macroeconomics, Journal of Economic and Business Statistics, Journal of Macroeconomics and Economics Letters.
Thesis supervisory committees(co-promotor):
With Franz C. Palm;
- PHD. Hugo Kruiniger Thesis title: Investment R&D and the Financing Decisions of the Firm ( 1996) with Wim Gijselaers;
- PHD. Dirk T Tempelaar: Thesis Title: Expectancy-Value Based Achievement Motivations and their role in Student Learning (2007) With Franz C. Palm and Pierre Mohnen;
- PHD. Wladimir Raymond Thesis Title: The Dynamics of Innovation and Firm Performance; an Econometric Panel Data Analysis(2007) With Franz C. Palm and Pierre Mohnen;
- PHD. Amaresh K. Tiwari Thesis Title: Micro econometric Evidence of Financing friction an Innovative Activity(2010) With Hans Heijke;
- PHD. Andreas Ammermüller Thesis Title: Institutional Effects in the Production of Education: Evidence from European Schooling Systems(2007)